Installing Matomo on your local server
Ok, there is no interest in just reading this course content without practicing. As you really need to practice in order to understand the different steps you are going through and feel comfortable with Matomo On-Premise. Now it is your turn to install it on your local server.
In this activity you will record your screen with a software such as https://obsproject.com where you will explain how you succeeded in installing Matomo on your local server.
The video needs to show:
- the download of the Matomo software.
- the upload on your local server (copy/paste).
- the creation of the Matomo's database.
- that the installation has been successful.
- the implementation of one of the Matomo's tracking code.
- you can record your voice, but if you don't want, you can just add text to explain what you are doing, this is fine.
Once the video recorded, upload it on any video hosting platform you want, you can make it as a private video or a public one, and add the link to your video within a text file. Send the text file as .zip.
Once the video corrected, feel free to delete it online or to keep it online if you want.
What you will deliver
- A .zip file containing a text file with the url of your hosted video.