The ultimate emailing checklist
Find below all the things you have to take into consideration before sending your emailing.
About your audience:
- Are you 100% sure you can send this emailing to those people?
- If you are purchasing a database, double check that the audience is qualified and that the company behind is trustworthy?
- Is your database segmented?
- Are you sending your emailing to people who are qualified for your emailing?
- Is your database up to date?
- Did you check your HTML code?
- Did you check your email on both desktop and mobile?
- Do you offer the possibility to the recepient to see your emailing in his browser?
- Did you fill in all the alt tag of images?
- Is the subject of your email clear and pertinent?
- Is your subject line short enough?
- Did you spend enough time defining it? Did you do a brainstorming? Are you testing it?
- Is the design compliant with your organization?
- Do you have a good balance between text and images?
- Do you have an attractive offer/information to share?
- Do you think you will get your return on investment or do you have a doubt?
- Is your content not using any spam vocabulary or special caracters or uppercases letters?
- Are you testing the content of your message with another audience? (A/B testing)
- Is the content of your email short enough?
- Do people are aware about the emailing sending frequency?
- Did they give you their explicit consent to receive it?
- Did users gave you their explicit consent in order to be tracked with an analytics solution?
- Do you offer them to clearly unsubscribe?
- Do you respect the unsubscribe process?
- Do you provide information about your company/organization in the footer?
- Did you activate the automate Google Analytics link tracking feature?
- Did you add additionnal tracking to your links?
- Did you define your goals within your analytics solution in order to measure your return on investment?
- If you plan to do A/B testing, did you add the corresponding parameters?
Last modified: Tuesday, 9 July 2019, 9:49 AM