On this page, we are also explaining which information we are using and for what.
https://floss-marketing-school.com and all floss-marketing-school.com domains are managed by a single individual Ronan CHARDONNEAU. The files and databases are hosted
by OVH which has its servers located in France.
This platform is intended for students and former students of Ronan CHARDONNEAU, so it has been created for the French market, even if the language used is in English, as a result the privacy regulation chosen is the one of FRANCE.
Who are we?
What data do we collect?
- Log servers: this is a legal obligation, every connection done to our platform is recorded as log. The most sensitive data collected there is your IP address. All those data are recorded on our server but we are not using them. The duration of those data is 13 months according to the French law.
- Your behaviour on our platforms, we are using for that Matomo Analytics. A Free Digital Analytics software. As we are anonymizing all the data in Matomo there is nothing very intrusive we are collecting about you. Those data are your IP anonymized on the last two bytes, your browser caracteristics, the hour at which you came on our platform, your country, your region, your city, the pages you had a look at. Using this system without your consent is accepted in France according to the French privacy commissionner CNIL.
- Your account for Moodle with all the data entered within it (first name, family name, email, password), including your grades. All those data are hosted at OVH, our web hosting platform hosted in France.
- Your email address can also be collected through our emailing platform. We are using for that phpList so everything is self-hosted at OVH in France.
About your rights
You have many rights you can apply within the GDPR context, here they are:
- Right of information:
informed about the private data we are collecting about yourself. If
something is not clear or not well written on this page, please contact
us and we will update this page.
- Right of access: you have the right to have an access to the personal data we are collecting about you. Those data are in fact the one you are sending us so no surprises here, it will be your email, first name, family name, in fact all the information you provided us through your Moodle account. So to make it simple you can already access those data on your own thanks to your account.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to have your data corrected. As you have the hand on everything, you can easily do it on your own.
- Right of erasure: you have the right to ask for all your personal data to be deleted. Note though that by deleting your data you won't be able to use the platform anymore as we need your data to run the account.
- Right to restricte the processing: if you think that we are not using your personal data the way it should, then just tell us and we will stop using them, we will then disable your access to the platform though we won't delete your data until you ask us to.
- Right of data portability:
on demand we will export all your personal data and will handle them to
you. Once more do not expect to have much in there as those data are
the one you entered within the system.
How to not have your data collected in our analytics system?
Even if we are not collecting personal data about you. You can always object to this data collection by opting-out from it thanks to the link below: